Friday, September 12, 2008

Pictures From London

Here they are, as promised!
The famous Red Buses of London! They might look familiar from the closing ceremonies for the Beijing Olympics!

The London Streets. Everything was so pretty there (for the first 5 days or so, then it all got a little too crowded for us small town Wyoming folk)
Westminster Abby. We didn't wait in line to go in the church (looked like about a 2 hour wait) but the outside was so beautiful!
And of course, Big Ben! It was hard to believe that these buildings were built in the 1800's. In the background you can also see the Eye of London or Millennium Wheel (Ferris Wheel). We never made it over to ride it but it is super popular in Europe so I figured I would at least take a picture of it!
Buckingham Palace. This was awesome to see! We also got to witness the guards practicing for the Queen's Parade that takes place in June every year.

Around the Town!

Here we are eating at a little restaurant in the theatre district. They bragged about their fish and chips (well I guess THEY ALL did!) Not my favorite though!


My computer is loading the pictures super slow, so I am going to post the rest later! Still to come... Stonehenge (my Favorite), and The Tower Bridge (2nd Favorite)!

1 comment:

Lisa Strupp said...

Ahh, I'm so jealous that you got to go to London! It looks like so much fun! So have you found out what you're having yet? I don't know if I told you or not but I am having another little girl. I'm so excited!! Anyway, I'll be back on the 21st of October so let's get together k. I love your blog!! You should check mine out sometime if you get a chance! LOVE YA!!!