Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rock n' Roll Marathon


So, if you have read any of my previous blogs you know that I ran a 1/2 Marathon in January of this year! It was amazing! Eric and I forgot a camera so we used Marty and Norm's (my in-laws) camera. They finally got back earlier this week so I went and got the pictures off their camera! So guess what, you guys get to be flooded with Pics from Phoenix! I bet you are ecstatic...
I was almost done here! What an awesome feeling! Well- I was not "feeling" awesome but you know what I mean!

I am happy to say that I ran the whole thing! I think this picture is taken is right before the finish line! I was so happy! Goal accomplished!
Eric was by biggest supporter! He only complained twice that I was spending hours and hours at the gym instead of helping with the apartments.

Notice all the food I am holding? After you get done running 13.1 miles they flood you with fruit, Popsicles, and CHEETOS! Are you kidding me? This might be the one time in my life that there is now way in heck I could eat Cheetos! The Popsicle was awesome, I could not eat much else!

Jen (my sister-in-law) also completed the 1/2 marathon! She was going for the run/walk approach so I got to see her cross the finish line!

Goal Accomplished!

And last but not least, a tribute to our biggest fans!

Ian! Jen's Hubby and Eric's little brother! I think he also trained with Jen a bit!

Laura and her daughter. Laura stated the training but she decided to get pregnant so she cheered us on instead!

Marty and Eric! Marty was also my shopping partner after the race!

Chris! Laura's Hubby and the reason she could not participate :)!

Stormin' Norman!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You are my hero for doing that and I don't think I could tell you that enough.

Unknown said...

STORMIN NORMAN! HAHA I need to start running again so we can post a similar post but with your FOREVER SISTER rather than you sister for the past year....She can come too though if she wants :)